Friday, September 24, 2010

Critical Analysis Podcast

For my podcast project, I am considering using The Lorax by Dr. Seuss. This children's book chronicles the destruction of the environment due to industrialization, but depicts it in an easily understandable way for children. I want to discuss how this book can help to teach children about sustainability and positive environmental practices. I read this book is a child, and never had any concept of the fact that it was actually an environmental statement. During my junior year of high school, we revisited this book in an AP Environmental Science class, and I realized the impact that Dr. Seuss' tale could have on young children. Especially in today's society, it is incredibly important that children develop a respect for the environment and all that it offers us. We can use books like this to teach these important lessons in a fun way. The Lorax was always one of my family's favorite books growing up, and had my parents, or a teacher, worked to illuminate the messages behind the story, it could have been incredibly influential in our lives. I would like to use my podcast to display the possibilities for learning in my favorite Dr. Seuss picture book.

The Lorax.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment